🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Preprocessor

Started by
11 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 9 months ago
Yes, a lexem stream is probably faster if you have to manipulate it. But AngelScript simply reads from it, it never changes it so allocating all those list nodes would be a waste of time I think. Anyway, I might change this in the future when/if I add improved support for pre-processors. Possibly a plug-in-able pre-processor (Just a thought that hit me now).

For now I'll leave everything as is. I'll see what I can do in the future about the position adjustment command.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
I got relative include paths working. It proved simpler than I thought, but I don't know if my solution is portable. It seems windows is fully capable of following a path like 'scripts/../includes/include.txt', so all I had to do was strip the filename off of one path and append the other to it.

I have also suddenly found a need for #ifdef, so I'm going to implement those before I release again.
I'll upload your preprocessor to my site today.

How about making a download page with the latest version of the preprocessor? That way I can link to it from my site.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement