🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

game on GdNet Showcase

Started by
6 comments, last by djsteffey 23 years, 9 months ago
i see that several people have downloaded my game off the GDNet Showcase. I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. Things to drop out of it, ways to improve. It isnt complete yet but is getting there. click here let me know something people "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail themGames Productions
Advertisement
Speaking of which, why haven''t either of the two games I submitted showed up in the GD Showcase yet? Maybe the material is too controversial?

Alex
Alexbigshot@austin.rr.comFoolish man give wife grand piano. Wise man give wife upright organ.
ncsu, i just tried your game, very nice work...

Ran at about 90 fps at my pII400, 128mb, voodoo3.

Keep up the good work!
thanks new deal.
and thanks for the frame rate and system specs.
If anyone tries this out then let me know your system specs and frame rate. But remember vsync is turned on so it is limited by your monitors refresh rate.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

It was entertaining .

It ran at about 110fps on my computer. AMD K6-II 500 Mhz, TNT2 32MB M64, Sound Blaster Live!.

Not sure what you could change in it, I couldn''t find a way to make it start a new game without closing and reopening it though...

Null and Void
yea, right now that is the only way. If you kill all the monsters on the radar then they all just respawn. The game will run until you are dead. Then press escape to close then re open. That would be something I will worry about fixing after I get the actual playing part of it finished.
Keep up the replies and thanks

themGames Productions

I played it some more, just because I didn't want to work on my own project mainly .

But, a couple things that would be nice:
-Make a radius around the player where enemies can't appear so they/I don't get jumped upon start up =P
-Somehow get rid of the pop when the player/I go over the edge of the screen.

By the way, the pixel-particles are nice, though I spend most of the game moving backwards firing on things following me, so I don't get to see the engine alot .

<table BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0><tr><td BGCOLOR=white>Null and Void</td></tr></table>

Edited by - Null and Void on October 1, 2000 2:04:27 AM
i know about the "pop" and it is something I am working on, but right now I cant think of how to fix it. If anyone has anys uggestions then let me know on how I can fix this. And about the radius upon startup, I will fix this right away and let everyone know when I do.
Keep up the replies, more downloads then replies. And I want to get all the feedback I can.
Thanks everyone

themGames Productions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement