🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

getting the mouse wheel in SDL?

Started by
3 comments, last by graveyard filla 19 years, 10 months ago
hi, pretty simple question. does anyone know how to detect a mouse wheel up / down event? id like to know how to get it directly if thats possible, ie not while polling for input. cant find any info for this on the docs, im not sure if it even exist's. thanks for any help.
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Advertisement
Hiya, you will use the SDL_MouseButtonEvent. In addition to the

SDL_BUTTON_LEFT, SDL_BUTTON_MIDDLE, SDL_BUTTON_RIGHT

flags you can also use

SDL_BUTTON_WHEELUP, SDL_BUTTON_WHEELDOWN

Hope that helps.

SDL Doc

Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
thanks... but it seems like i have to do this in the polling for input. is there anyway to grab if they have been pressed directly? thanks
If you're just wanting to inspect the current state of the buttons, that's a different concept to events, which signal changes of state.

http://sdldoc.csn.ul.ie/sdlgetmousestate.php

Try looking for buttons 4 and 5, perhaps.
thanks for the reply. actually, that was the first thing i tried. 4 and 5 dont seem to do anything. thanks anyway though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement