🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hover website

Started by
12 comments, last by Eric 23 years, 9 months ago
Hover is a 3D racing game, which some of you may remember from an earlier thread in this forum. Hover website
Actually, I was going for brevity, so it''s more of a web page. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Netscape users (v4.7 anyway): you don''t get to see the cool background image; my suggestion: get a browser that supports CSS!
Advertisement
love that background
the colour scheme is nice.
Hover crashes after about 30 seconds of running on my comp...
Win98
AMD Athlon 500mhz
Voodoo 3 3000
128mb of ram
same thing happens to me. well, it freezes, then crashes, but they''re probably almost synonymous. also, i get that ill-colored texture underneath each hovercraft. if i try running it again, i get a blank screen.

128 mb ram. sorry-ass ati rage pro card. win98se.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
eric, if you don''t mind my asking, how did you do the collision detection? did you using any bsp, quad or oct trees?

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Wasn''t there a game called Hover! that came with some copies of W95 that was a poor ripoff of Spectre for the Mac?
>Wasn''t there a game called Hover! that came with some copies of W95 that was a poor ripoff of Spectre for the Mac?

Hover! yes, Hover no

anyway, this is about 1000000 x better than Hover!
Spectre was a darn good game

///You demo game is worth Beta Testing////

Its an excellent attempt for this type of a game.

My cpu meets the requirements but there are a few things I noticed will trying to run it.

1. If I dont hit the up arrow when the game first starts...it crashes

2. after I do hit the arrow to initiate a game, then once I hit the "m" key for acceleration it crashes after about 5 secs

3. while the game engine has started "in race mode" if I allow the hover craft to sit there everything is fine unless of course I start to move.

It may have something to do with the accelration part of your code as for why some of us are having problems with it.

I hope you continue with it, I would love to be able to complete at least a lap so I could see the entire track.

I was also impressed with the graphics, but just my 5 cents on that, you may want to use solid colors for your numbers just a suggestion.

Awesome .exe

a_insomniac

If my compiler was voice activated with the voice of my mother-in-law....there would be no errors!

----------

Ignore parts of my last post. Sorry about that ,

I had been up all night coding, and I took a break by trying to play your game. Not reading all the instructions is why I posted what I posted. (Should have read everything first).

Still would like to test what you finish though

[Edited by - a_insomniac on January 6, 2008 12:33:00 PM]

----------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement