🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Dragging an SDL window

Started by
2 comments, last by LizardCPP 19 years, 9 months ago
Whenever I drag an SDL window in Windows (or even just press the mouse on the title bar of the window without actually dragging), the application pauses. Is there a way to avoid this?
Advertisement
I had done a search a while ago on that very topic and this was all I found. Although I am still looking for answers or workarounds.

Clicky

Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
You could probably intercept the Win32 repaint message through some sort of Win32 voodoo, but it would slaughter the cross-platform compatibility (which to me is the point of using SDL).
Quote: Original post by Ravuya
You could probably intercept the Win32 repaint message through some sort of Win32 voodoo, but it would slaughter the cross-platform compatibility (which to me is the point of using SDL).

SDL is open source so one could probably go in to it's code and find where the problem lies. Edit the code, and then recompile SDL. Then you will still have cross-plattform campatibility.

Lizard

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement