🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SDL/OpenGL 3d world question

Started by
1 comment, last by Grellin 19 years, 9 months ago
I wasn't sure what forum this belonged in becuase it crosses a few lines but here it is. I am using SDL (quite fond of it now) and getting into the NeHe GL tuts. I was doing tut #10 and as facinating as it is I know there are programs you can create your 3d worlds with and then export some type of file to use in your programs. My question is are there any out there that are SDL/GL friendly and usable on Linux? I don't mind if they are free or pay, just looking for something that will work. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
Advertisement
Do you mean like a level editor?
There is world craft... (Halflife)
There is radiant... (quake and other bsp formats)
For simpiler ones there is DelEd. That uses a text based geometry format.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Thanks for the reply. Of the 3 the only one I found usable with Linux was the radiant. I'll give it a shot. Again thanks.

Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement