🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SDL own forum?

Started by
7 comments, last by Grellin 19 years, 9 months ago
Seeing this forums filling up with only SDL questions, wouldn't it be a good thing to have SDL have it's own forum here..
Advertisement
YES! I am a n00b and I was truely disappointed that only things like "DirectX" and stuff got their own forums.

SDL ownz DirectX's windows whore self. I think that we'll way more deserving of our own forum than that substandard API: DirectX.
Quote: Original post by Falco Jaenisch
YES! I am a n00b and I was truely disappointed that only things like "DirectX" and stuff got their own forums.

SDL ownz DirectX's windows whore self. I think that we'll way more deserving of our own forum than that substandard API: DirectX.

Err.. Please control yourself. [grin]

First of all, this forum itself was a discussion in the beginning. It came through and it proves to be a success, as we see.
So bottomline, DirectX and OpenGL are much more used, also professionally, wit more documentation and that's why we love them more than SDL.
hes right but then what would this be 4? would it be for just allegro?

oops i didnt read the whole post i dont condone with the directX statement but i do think that this forum gets alot of sdl posts

[Edited by - raptorstrike on October 9, 2004 9:15:16 AM]
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
This more or less is the SDL forum. Even though there are relatively more SDL questions than any other, this forum still doen't really get enough traffic to consider splitting it up into smaller sections. So I don't see the point.

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

yeah if you check out the numbers the traffic is very low in this furom

dirrectX has some 150 times as much traffic and it only covers one API

even the portable programming section has it beat by about 3X

this is the lowest traffifc forum from beginers-game writting
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Quote: Original post by 23yrold3yrold
This more or less is the SDL forum.

I recall you saying it was the Allegro forum once [wink][grin]
raptorstrike: This forum is pretty new. It's got a pretty respectable amount of growth.

evolutional: Only once? Don't come here often, do you? [wink]

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

I imagine that if the user base increases we will get a seperate forum but at the moment, regardless of the name, that is pretty much what we already have. Keep on Coding!

Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement