Advertisement

FSAA with SDL and OpenGL

Started by November 22, 2004 04:46 AM
4 comments, last by traiger 19 years, 9 months ago
Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_RED_SIZE,8); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE,8); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE,8); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_ALPHA_SIZE,8); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE,24); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_STENCIL_SIZE,8); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER,1); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS,1); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES,4); screen = SDL_SetVideoMode( 640,480,32, SDL_OPENGL|SDL_FULLSCREEN|SDL_HWSURFACE); and get no AA Using windows XP, nvidia FX5600 drivers are less than a month old using SDL 1.2.7 Thanks
I'm not really sure, but I googled and found this:

SDL_GL_SetAttribute (SDL_GL_SAMPLES_SIZE, number);
// where number is 1 (no fsaa), 2, 4, 8 (and maybe future cards will let you use 16 and more).

Tell/rate me if it works?

[edit]
1) Have you tried setting SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER?
2) Try 1,2,4 instead of 8, and see if it works?
Advertisement
SDL_GL_SAMPLES_SIZE is not defined.

No luck with your other advice either.

Sorry.
Ow I re-read my post, and it is confusing.

Quote: 1) Have you tried setting SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER?
2) Try 1,2,4 instead of 8, and see if it works?

Those should be read, apart from each other. In option 2, I meant for the sizes you already posted, you should try another number. Maybe the RED_SIZE doesn't support 8, or the ALPHA_SIZE. You should mess around with the Attributes-values.
it doesn't
Bring more Pain
hmmm

There is some noticable AA if I use a factor of 8. but not much.

I've come up with a better idea; tell my artists to stop using AA and use a higher resolution instead.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement