🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How hard is 3DSM to use?

Started by
4 comments, last by dimitri_gamer 23 years, 8 months ago
Now before anyone says anything I''m not a newbie. I know it is a deep program but the reason for asking this is that I should hopefully be getting it by about Febuary/March next year. The question is, should I start looking at resources now on 3DSM or should I just hold tight till I have the program on screen in front of me? I also muck about with TrueSpace 3 but it is of course not quite a fair comparison to 3DSM.
--------------------------"640K ought to be enough for anybody."-Bill Gates 1981
Advertisement
On the surface, 3dsmax is a simple 3d modeler. In fact, I modeled my 3d modeler after the interface paradigm. The power and complexity is found deeper in the program. I think that 3dsmax is easy to get into, but then again there are people in the world who are confused by windows itself.

-R
Ok, my two cents would be to try and do reading up whereever you can. I just sat in a bookshop and read a variety of books, the introductory chapters are always useful, and describe how the interface works and how/why it is designed so.

Basically, it wouldn''t hurt, but practise is always better than theory...

It''s actually real easy once you get used to how to use it, I''ve been modelling low poly since August, go have a look if you like! Before that I built a couple of scenes...but I practised alot with the interface. Try and get hold a couple to play around with.

If you understand the basics of 3D modelling, your halfway there.

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk
well I think that a class is your best bet on this one. 3ds is one of the most annoying tools to use but once you grasp it, its fast and efficient. I am still learning from a book which doesnt work that well im afraid.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Cheers... I might have a look around to see what I can find...
--------------------------"640K ought to be enough for anybody."-Bill Gates 1981
Cheers... I might have a look around to see what I can find...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement