🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Linux build problems

Started by
11 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 5 months ago
Thanks to a HDD failure I lost all my makefiles for the linux build of my project. :P

I'm still trying to solve the problem, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear from you.
Dan Royer, OwnerMarginally Clever Games
Advertisement
It works for me with gcc 3.3.2, but I have the same problem with sh-elf-g++ 3.4.3. So maybe something changed in gcc between version 3.3 and 3.4. I don't really think the compiler *use* that code, but compilation still fails for any file that includes "angelscript.h". Even for regular angelscript files like as_typeinfo.cpp.

I just commented that line out and everything seems to work fine. All tests in test_feature succeeds for sh-elf (except the ones with alignment bugs.. I've mailed you about them Andreas). For linux there are still some problems for me with the calling conventions (as_callfunc_x86.cpp) but it should not be that hard to fix.
Fredrik (the Anonymous Poster) has identified some differences with the calling conventions on Linux, mainly how classes are returned from functions. It seems that all classes, independent of size and complexity are returned in memory by GCC on Linux. I believe we have been able to correct these problems already, and the fixes will be available with 2.0.0 WIP 3.

I will try to migrate as much as possible of these corrections to AS 1.10.1 as well, though some might not be possible, or require too much work.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement