🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mingw compile error

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 5 months ago
When executing the make file included with: AngelScript library 1.10.1c - Stable using: gcc 3.2 / MSYS I get this error: g++ -ggdb -o obj/as_arrayobject.o -c ../../source/as_arrayobject.cpp ../../source/as_arrayobject.cpp:33:15: new: No such file or directory <internal>: In function `void ArrayObjectConstructor(int, int, asCArrayObject*)': <internal>:51: too many arguments to function `void* operator new(unsigned int) ' ../../source/as_arrayobject.cpp:51: at this point in file <internal>: In function `void ArrayObjectConstructor2(unsigned int, int, int, asCArrayObject*)': <internal>:56: too many arguments to function `void* operator new(unsigned int) ' ../../source/as_arrayobject.cpp:56: at this point in file c:\dev-cpp\bin\make.exe: *** [obj/as_arrayobject.o] Error 1 I would appreciate some help resolving this issue as AngelCode looks like a neat library (if only I could compile it). P.S. Also, when attempting to compile using the Dev-C++ project (also using MingW 3.2), I get this error: symbol 'copyloop' is already defined symbol 'endcopy' is already defined symbol 'copyloop6' is already defined etc. Resolving errors for either of these compile options would be greatly beneficial. Thanks.
Advertisement
I'm able to compile the library using MinGW 3.1.0 (GCC 3.2.3) without any problem. There seems to be some problem with your configuration of MinGW. I'm not very experienced with MinGW so I can't say what though. Perhaps you could try reinstalling it.

I'm also able to compile the library using the Dev-C++ 4.9.9.1, with the MinGW/GCC included with the install. If your only problem here is the duplicate copyloop/endcopy labels, you'll have to verify why they are duplicated. Maybe you're in some way compiling the as_callfunc_x86.cpp archive twice. Or you could try to rename the labels in the inline assembly code (though you shouldn't have to as I've already tested the library so I know the code is correct).

Unfortunately it is difficult for me to provide more help than that, because my experience with MinGW and Dev-C++ is very limited. My normal development environment is MSVC++.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement