🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Putting the 'Game Art' back into this forum

Started by
11 comments, last by Luxury 23 years, 7 months ago
Why does almost every single topic here turn into a "hi...what is a good paint/3d program for a beginner to use for less than $200?" Aren''t there any professional artists here? Can''t there be any interesting topics here? Can''t we have a discussion that doesn''t fall into the "what program do you use?" trap? Come on people. How about some more techniques, ideas, and info? It just makes me sick every time I come to this forum and see the same thing over, and over , over. Let''s try to change it. -Luxury
Advertisement
I hope that you realize that a great deal of the people here are youth who are more than likely still learning. the posts will be here when they are here. there is not a lot you can do about that unless you start activly posting as well about relevant things. artists are generally more light hearted than most and they enjoy a good show off now and then. thus the post your art here thread. just participate and things wont appear so bland to you. besides, what is professional in your mind?

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Well, I like to think of myself as an artist and a programmer.
http://www.crosswinds.net/~druidgames/resist.jpg
Very well, I shall start a thread...
Enoch DagorLead DeveloperDark Sky EntertainmentBeyond Protocol
Unfortunatly the industry does not like hybrids. You''re an Artist or a programer. Bummer

As Mr Cup always says,
''''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
YEp, that''s why I''ll never sell my soul to the Industry ... whatever the type of industry that might be. I''ll become a lecturer ... hopefully

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I for one willo do whatever i damn well want.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

If you''re an artist with a working albeit small knowledge of programming it will really help you in the "industry", and vica versa.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
- Willy Wonka
Hey BitBlt, havn''t seen you for a while, I mustn''t have been looking in the right forums.

Your right though, I am a good programer, and I am quite good at art work for games. It is a huge help.

SLARTIBARTFAST00 PLEASE SELECT WITTY .SIG:
NoneWho is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...How do I set my laser printer on stun?Sarr! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!
SLARTIBARTFAST00 PLEASE SELECT WITTY .SIG: NoneWho is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...How do I set my laser printer on stun?Sarr! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!
I''m mostly in the programmming forums, I''m a programmer/wannabe artist

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
- Willy Wonka

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement