🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A short animation

Started by
4 comments, last by Tolerate 23 years, 7 months ago
it's about 6 seconds long but i thought some of you might liek to see it. Some of you may remember the pictures of my version of the CNV-301 Dreadnaught from the game Independence War, well it is an animation of that. It's just over 2mb and best watched full screen. Animation Albatros!!! Get you Albatros here!!! Edited by - Tolerate on 11/13/00 10:55:29 AM
Albatros!!! Get you Albatros here!!!
Advertisement
you forgot a " in your adress link ... which totally fucks up the message ...

otherwise, pretty cool ships you''ve got there
There seem to be a problem with the camera, though ... the movement isnt continuous, it kinda "break" when the ships pass near the camera.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
yeah, i agree with ahw.

nice ships, look pretty realistic, the scene looks immersive, but gotta fix the camera pan. havin'' a little keyframin'' probs?

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
I never look for a continuous pan anyway as it looks too cgi. I try to get more random movements and not keeping the object in the centre of the screen as it looks really crap that way. But i think i accidently deleted a wrong key in the graph which made it lurch upwards.

Hi there,

It''s quite impressive, but yeah that camera...
Also it might be me but the camera doesn''t pan with the scene quite, the ships come in from the right and before we see much the camera starts to move a way...

I''m picking though, it''s really is very good! What sort of field do you want to work for...as in Games, Film etc...

Also, just curious, but what''s the polygon count for each ship?

I''ve not done much animation, but you''re more than welcome to look at my work so far...

But yeah, I liked it...wished it went on for more than six seconds

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk
The ship is done mostly with nurbs with the exception of the exhaust area.

As for which area I would like to work in, I would say film, but I would gladly accept games. With film/TV the CGI (especially space scenes) don''t last longer than a couple of minutes each but the meshes have to be a lot more detailed.

I would have done a longer one but my pc isn''t very fast and that took a *long* time to render (as in nearly 2 days), mainly coz Maya''s renderer requirers a hell of a lot of power.

But thanks for the comments

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement