🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Art Style Sheet

Started by
1 comment, last by Singa 23 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone know how to set up a style sheet for art. I''m working on a game with several artists and I need to make some kind of style sheet to make sure the overall style of the game will be the same. Of course I see what they make and I can intervene in time, but giving them a style sheet would save a lot time. I have made some kind of a draft already, but that not yet what it should be. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Just ask some of the artists. They should know these things.

Organize what each person are supposed to do. If you have 50 artists, you do not all of them do the design for the characters! You let some of the best submit back almost final sketches and decide upon them, either in 2d or 3d.

2d: one or to artist makes the design, which is copied to the others.

3d: same, but the artist are given the models+textures.

Background? Decide what colours the models are, decide then the background. Most important thing is the colours. A Swordsman in space work just fine as long as the colours and design are coherent, but you can swap the laser-sword with a normal sword, and the design is still working. Think colours and story.

Could be nice to know what you are making...

Regards Ben
Well this belongs more in the Game Art section, so I''m moving it there.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement