🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Batch Image Cropping?

Started by
1 comment, last by aegrimonia 23 years, 7 months ago
I''m doing some graphics for a game programmer, and have a question.. i''m doing some images in 3DSMAX. The game itself uses 2D Bitmapped graphics.. basically i''m rotating the ship 10'' and rendering it, all the way around, so the light sourcing is intact on the final pics. anyway.. i have to manually crop each frame down.. i.e. 3DSMAX outputs them at 640x480 and i''ve been manually cropping the images down to a square size that i can then resample down to the right resolution for his game engine.. the question i have is if anyone knows of a proggy that has a batch function for cropping? i know PSP has a batch for converting file formats, but from what i can tell, not cropping an image.. by cropping, i need to go down 45pixels and over 125pixels, and take a square 395x395, thus creating a perfect square tile that i can shrink down. is there a way to do this in batch form automatically? any input would be great.. No More Clones! Stop The Madness!
Advertisement
did you get my last email about being able to to yse the images at 64 by 64 ?
i put the ship image you gave me at 64x64 and it looks pretty sweet. If you want to test the game out with me (which right now is just one on one over the internet) then let me know.....or if anyone wants to give it a little test run with me....then instant message me on AOL instant messanger my screen name is
djs ncsu
note there is a space in there
and keep up the great work aegrimonia b/c that work looks superior.....and if I can get someone that wants to help me out a little then we could really go somewhere with this

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

In Photoshop you can File>Automate>Batch. Before you do that, though, you''ll need to record an Action. Once that''s done, apply the batch with that action to the folder and let it rip.

But you can also render in 3DS Max to the resolution you want. Just have the ship take up more of the frame and render to a custom resolution. It might need to be tweaked, I''ve never rendered anything that small.

-------
Monkey eat deadCricket, checkmate!
-------Monkey eat deadCricket, checkmate!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement