🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Rays of light in 3DSMAX 2.5?

Started by
1 comment, last by aegrimonia 23 years, 7 months ago
i''ve often seen people with rays of light shooting around something lit from behind. and i''m trying to figure out how do it in MAX.. the manuals don''t really speak of it, though they do cover lens flares and glows.. a glow is CLOSE, but the object you are making glow seems to have to be visible in the window for it to glow at all.. I tried turning glow up HIGH and putting the object in a tube, but if the object isn''t visible in the window, you get ZERO glow from it.. though don''t turn glow up to 255 and hit render.. unless you''ve got a fast computer.. i had to go eat dinner before it got done i''m trying to make something glow from behind and object, and see the light rays coming around from behind it. anyone have any ideas? No More Clones! Stop The Madness!
Advertisement
There was a tutorial on how to make the effect you described at 3dcafe.com. Its been a while since I''ve read it, so thats about all the help I can give . You might also want to take a look at volumetric lighting.
thanks.. i''ll check it out..

No More Clones!
Stop The Madness!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement