🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My first OpenGL game!

Started by
5 comments, last by Dunge 23 years, 7 months ago
Well I think it''s a good start for a newbie like me.... you can download my game here. Please tell me your feedbacks!
Advertisement
I liked it but i'm only 16 so i can't really speak for anyone that is older but it is a good game. The hard and normal game play was almost to much for my computer it was just a little jittery that's all but anyway great game. My first time playing pong and I am sad it was almost to hard almost to hard on the easy level may be it was because of the block I had a hard time finding the where the blocks started and ended so may be you should texture them in some sort of coloring or just put OPENGL
or PONGL maybe even your name on the front of the blocks.

Oh just incase you wanted to know my system it is AMD Athlon 550MHz Processor with Enhanced 3DNow Technology, 3dfx Voodoo3 1000 2x AGP 3D Graphics with the latest SQL driver available, and 128MB 100MHz SyncDram. I know this is weak but I say it is your average house hold system.

Edited by - Blade Runner on November 24, 2000 4:49:41 PM
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
Thanks! By the way that may look stupid but i'm 15 years old and I began programming at 13 The difficulty thing only change how fast the computer paddle is moving. And for the texture, I'm not abble to draw some and I'm not abble find some on the net...

Edited by - Dunge on November 24, 2000 8:28:51 PM
Looks pretty good...

For textures, try a site like www.3dcafe.com -- they have some free textures for download, as well as free 3d models, etc...

hey, I''m also 15. I also started when I was 13. your game is pretty good. It did run very fast on my p800 though. you can check out some of my OpenGL demos on my page.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
If you want you can dl a Painter program from the net and make your own .BMP or .TGA textures, or if you have windows you can do it in the paint program that it comes with, but if your looking for exotic textures than 3dcafe.com is a good place to start.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
hm. i once ran into a java program that would generate random textures that looked pretty good, you also had very much control of the variables that would go into the texture. pity i forgot the adress, but any search engine should help find it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement