🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Wad Maker v1.2a (DEMO)

Started by
3 comments, last by Null and Void 23 years, 7 months ago
Well, I''ve got most of the newest version coded. When Quantum pointed out what I was thinking when version 1.1 was released, that compression would be a good feature, I knew it should be added. And now it is! Both LZO and ZLib Deflate compression are accessable through the Wad Builder program (LZO is disabled due to a bug in this current distribution of the demo, it will be enabled once fixed). A library (C++, almost C compatible) comes with the editor, which, by the way, has a new interface, so that you can quickly and easily include the ability to use the Wad files produced within your own program. A single example program comes with the editor and library file so that you can get the syntax down for the structure that controls Wad file input and output. All of the files needed for the compression libraries are included as well. You can download the Demo (I disclaim all damages caused by it, since it is a Demo, though I''ve ran it on my machine without it dying so far ) here. Or visit the Wad Builder website here. Thanks for your time! You can report any bugs that you can reproduce to druidgames@hotmail.com, this address can also be accessed to report bugs from the Help menu in the program. Note: I am aware of a bug that causes random crashes during exportation of a Wad File, it seems to happen only when the file is being compressed, so I am working on it . Null and Void, a.k.a. Paul Varga of Druid Games.
Advertisement
Yay Taking a look at it now.
I'm writing/going-to-write a small piece of documentation so that people can see a list of functions within the wadread.cpp file I provide with the editor.

So, this will be found here once done.

I'll have to wait until I get home (later today) to work out the LZO errors, and post much of anything on the documentation page though.

Thanks for your time .

Edited by - Null and Void on December 8, 2000 8:22:50 AM
I''ve updated the documentation webpage with some actual information. I''ll now get to work on the LZO error, as well as the other errors I have listed on the documentation page.

You can find the documentation page here, if you don''t want to check my previous posts.

Thanks for your time!
I''ve fixed 32bit header size LZO decompression, now to get 16bit header size LZO decompression working...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement