🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Getting in

Started by
9 comments, last by Nor-easter 23 years, 6 months ago
Nor-easter, you''ve said it Basically what I meant to say is that if you find programming fun and challenging and when the job seems like fun to you but hardwork to others than you have the passion for programming. When someone has the passion for something they''re unstoppable. They know that a solution exists and won''t stop until it''s found. They nitpick just about anything, try to rewrite the code just to be a little bit faster, try to restructure the code just to make it little bit easier to understand and cut down on code size. Now for a shocker "They care about the code!", it''s not an 8 to 5 job and then they forget about it until next day. They have a bug in their head and stay late to finish what they''re doing otherwise they can''t sleep well. They smile and chuckle to themselves when they think they''re getting paid for this, they would do it for free all so that they can be in a good group of people sharing the same passion as they have. Most of all they never ever give up their dream no matter how many failures happened because they know that success will come time and time again.

Ok, I''m off my soapbox now Please resume the regularly scheduled programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement