🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

samples/tutorial scriptstring on mac

Started by
3 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 7 months ago
I am reviewing angelscript as a script engine for a project I am working on. The lib compiles fine with #define AS_MAX_PORTABILITY. I have trouble running the samples/turial code though: It exits in scriptstring.cpp:318 because r < 0. The actual line is: r = scriptengine->RegisterObjectBehaviour("string", asBEHAVE_CONSTRUCT, "void f()", asFUNCTION(ConstructString), asCALL_CDECL_OBJLAST); assert( r >= 0 ); I debugged and got into: as_scriptengine:1002 int r = DetectCallingConvention(datatype != 0, funcPointer, callConv, &internal); which is being called with isMethod = true, callConv = 3 and therefore exits with asNOT_SUPPORTED Any suggestions?
Advertisement
With AS_MAX_PORTABILITY turned on you will only be able to use the asCALL_GENERIC calling convention. Currently none of the samples have been prepared for this, but you may get an idea on how it works by looking at the test_generic.cpp in the tests/test_feature folder.

I intend to write a sample that will work with the AS_MAX_PORTABILITY mode as well, but haven't found the time to do so yet.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Could you add as_callfunc_ppc.cpp? That would instantly give you mac and xbox 360 support ;).

EDIT:
IMHO it's just the asm that differs from as_callfunc_x86.
Is it possible that the byte code interpreter is not endian safe?
I would love to add an as_callfunc_ppc.cpp module, however I don't have a Mac to develop this code on. But if you or someone else would be interested in doing the port I will be more than happy to help with getting everything working.

I don't know if there will be any problem with endian differences. It would have to be tested.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement