🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A low poly model from starcaft

Started by
4 comments, last by Fantasy Edge 23 years, 5 months ago
i dont know how to model with anything but milkshape and bryce so here is my latest attempt. i need a texture program... I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Advertisement
I use Milkshape too.

You might find Materialize from Indotek (shareware from www.indotek.com) to be good for vehicle and building/structure texturing. If you want a good program for texturing organic models like people or animals, then Meshpaint is probably a better choice. I can't remember what company makes Meshpaint right now, but I'm sure you can find it with a simple web search.

And to think that most people believe Milkshape is only for md2s

"Someone said something..."

Edited by - iamsome1 on January 18, 2001 2:40:53 PM
Someone said something...
Hey, Iamsome1, are you one of the guys who worked on a racing game using 3dRad? I couldn''t get it to work on my machine,(too slow of a system)but it looks pretty cool. Are these images from a newer version? Milkshape looks pretty cool, I may have to check it out, for the game I''m creating.
Creative Mind, Creative Design
your racing game seems very similar to the one i have panned. well, i should look into that progy as this is the model right now.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

zoart,

Yeah that''s me. These shots are from my work on the sequel. It''s currently in it''s early alpha stage. 3DRAD has changed significantly since I finished Wraiths. Plus I''ve been able to coax it into doing some effects that it wasn''t designed to do like environment mapping and soft shadows ;D. The early alpha version currently has soft appearing lense flares and air turbulance effects (a camera shake and control distortion effect, not a visual effect) speed based FOV shifting and a more inteligent camera to catch the eye candy better. The sequel is a ways off though. I''m guessing at finishing it close to year from now.

Fantasy Edge,

Cool. BTW, I also use Bryce for landscapes. Just curious. Are you using an existing engine for it or are you writing your own?
Someone said something...
In the spirit of origionality, i would prefer to write my own but then again, i am not a programmer and i do not see that seed being planted in the near or distant future.. as for the bryce comment/question(whatever) yes, bryce is very nice for modeling landmass and in some cases, objects but im not a 3d artist primarily so im no authority really. i like milkshape and bryce because they are both easy as hell but the right person can make them really work well. i am anything but.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement