🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Experienced SNES or Genesis Artist needed ASAP

Started by
11 comments, last by bpm140 23 years, 4 months ago
We have just signed our first development agreement for the GBA. We''re making a top-notch action game, something you would have dumped a lot of quarters into at an arcade back in the day. All we need now is the right artist to fill out the team. Until then, we''re stuck building software tools and grinding out concept art. Do you have substantial SNES- or Genesis-era art experience? Have you mastered the four frame sprite animation and limited color palettes? Do you long for the days when teams were four people and not forty? Then you owe it to yourself to send us an email with your resume and some sample art. If you''ve got the skills and have already cut your teeth then jump on our back and we''ll carry you to the promised land. Direct all inquiries to bpm140@best.com Oh yeah -- we know the value of a good artist, and while a "good job" will warm your heart, a good check will warm your house. Only people who deserve the big bucks should apply for this position.
Advertisement
well, i dont know what you mean by mastered snes level graphics. you cant master them unless you have profuced several games and since the tech chenges lots, you will need to more specific as you cant master anything. what level of graphical mastery are you looking for as snes level graphics are not that hard to draw. I might be of some help to you.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Would'nt the gameboy Advance in many ways be a much more powerful system then the SNES?

I'v read it has Roughly around twice the video and work RAM of the SNES,and a 32bit RISC (I have no idea what the clock speed is?) compared to the SNES 16bit RISC @ 3.58MHz.

Supposedly The GBA colour pallete can display 32,768 simultaneous colors with sprites made up of 511 colours (I could be a little off on that one (Nintendo's site call's it 'Character mode')compared to the SNES's 256 simultaneous colours and 15-25 some colours for sprites.

And the carts are said to hold up too 256Mbits (I don't know if thats compressed or what?) compared to the SNES 32-48mbits max.

MR.K

I was sick of my old signature so I made this one.

Edited by - MR_EVIL_K on January 30, 2001 10:38:28 AM
I was sick of my old signature so I made this one.
You are correct -- the graphics on the Advance will be sustantially better than the SNES or Genesis.

Here are the two options then:

* bring someone on board who can produce great art on 16-bit machines and give them more options

* bring someone on board who can make great art on a next-gen system and give them less options.

Personally, I think we''ll get better results (and faster) with the first option.

So shoot over your rezzy to bpm140@best.com
Is this the kinda stuff you are looking for?

THE Dave
---------------------------- ClownKeep

THE Dave
well angelfire screwed me over...here are the links

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/deathwind/church.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/deathwind/meetingroomflat.jpg

THE Dave
Wow, how''d you do that Verin? Very impressive!
Peon
Thanks man

THE Dave
im pretty good at pixel drawing so i might be of some help if you think im qualified.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement