🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

real.com

Started by
2 comments, last by Nicole Poster 23 years, 4 months ago
Has anyone dealed with real.com? Didn't you find some things strange? Like the form made in a pathetic MS Word doc file, with a lot of silly useless questions and options in the form but not even a place in the form to write the URL of a demo or a screen shot. Are they going to eveluate my game based in my personal info instead of the game cos in the form they didn't ask for a demo and if they ask it later allways why don't they ask it in the form and if they ask for a demo only some times, how do they decide when? Personal info? If anybody knows how that works please tell me. Some quotes from the demo: "RealNetworks receives numerous submissions each week, and consequently does not guarantee acceptance or even review of any game submission" "You acknowledge and agree that it is possible that similar or identical games or ideas may already be in development or under consideration by RealNetworks" "RealNetworks shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever to you if RealNetworks chooses to develop or publish a game similar or identical to the game submitted by you" Do you they request to donate a few blood units to accept a game? Message Board about Crystal-Interactive here Edited by - nicole poster on February 7, 2001 11:54:09 AM
Advertisement
Do you know ANYTHING about the real world of games publishing?
In my experience RealGames are one of the most organised and efficient games publishers out there.
Those clauses are to protect RealGames from being sued by some idiot who sends in a very broad design doc, and then tries to sue them because they already have someone doing a sci-fi MMORPG (for example).
Are there ANY publishers you approve of Nicole?

http://www.positech.co.uk
If you want to go with any publisher either read the fine print and study it until you know exactly what''s going on or get an attorney to do it for you. If you don''t like something in it ask about it. If they really think your game is good they''ll work with you. Research any company you look into. And don''t just submit your project to one.

Unless I''ve seen their tiles in stores and I know they''re respected I would be very much in their books before signing anything. I would want to know the budget for my game and where every penny of it is going. Also exactly what rights I retain to it and solid numbers for sales of other products.

The other alternative is to not publish your indi games. Use them to get hired by a real company. You don''t have be be published for companies to know you have skills they can use.

Ben
http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com

I agree Cliffe.

Nicole: We already had discussions like this, haven''t we? I guess you are just a flamer, who likes to post stuff like this.

Again DavidRM: Ban her IP. We have no use for stuff like that.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement