🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Which compilers do all of you use ???

Started by
19 comments, last by Rob83 24 years, 9 months ago
I would go with Watcom C/C++ compiler I believe that it has a overall great assembler/Optimizer and last i check it was around $350. www.sybase.com

------------------
E-mail with questions, comments, and retorts.
InvalidSyntax@icqmail.com

-Lucas
Advertisement
I'm using WATCOM, too, and I think this Compiler is good. I bought it, because it was (and still is) the best compiler for DOS Programs (my opinion). What is the better choice for Windows/DirectX - WATCOM or Visual C++? I've never tested VC++.
I use Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition along with the MSDN Library 6.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 both at work and at home.
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
My friend got Visual Studio for work, so i was able to have a look at VC++ 6.0 Professional. I've never used it before - it's great. Compared to the IDE of Watcom .
I was going to get it, but i'm still a student and i can't afford those €500
What about the Standard Edition? It's only €125...
VC++ 6 Enterprise Edition and Borland C++ Builder 3 Professional.

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de
FYI, MSVC 6 Pro (and most other compilers) can be picked up for ~100$ at most college computer stores with their respective college ID OR you can usually order through the compiler developer's web page the discount version with a photocopy of the college id. These are full versions of the pro versions with only a slightly different licensing agreement (no profit off any work derived from the instance of the compiler).
Visual C++ 6.0 Professional

VirtualNext

My cousain studies computer science and told me about a compiler by Intel, that would be very good. Does anybody know it? Is it an option, too?
Which compilers do everyone out there use.
Tell me if they are free or not.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement