🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Image Editor??

Started by
7 comments, last by sbrown 23 years, 3 months ago
Does anyone know of a good, simple, free image editor? I am looking for something that will allow me to draw individual pixels easily. Anyone have any favorites?
Advertisement
last I checked, didn''t Paint allow you to draw pixels?
Paint Shop Pro 3

It has a few bug and surely isn''t the best, but I use it anyway when I need to draw something pixels by pixel.

Paint does allow you to paint individual pixels, but it isn''t a good program. Are there any good psp tutorials on the net that you know of? I have been trying to use this program, but I don''t think I am making full use of the posibilities of the program.

Thanks!
You can get Paint Shop Pro 3 for free? If you find out that you can, what''s the URL? I''d like to get it. I was just looking for a good image editor this morning that I can get for free.
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
I have an evaluation version of Paint Shop Pro 6. It only works for 30 days. As for Paint Shop Pro 3, I doubt that you can download it for free anywhere. If it isn''t on the official psp site, then you probably can''t download it. Is Paint Shop Pro 3 better than 6? Does anyone know of any better, free (and easy to use) image editors?
You can try the windows port of The Gimp. It does seem to crash too often for me in Win2K though, so I''ve stuck with PSP 7.1.

http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/
If your looking for a decent graphics editor for things like tga''s, bmp''s and such, the least expensive way to get ahold of these programs is to buy a cheap scanner. Often enough they tell you what is included somewhere on the box, just look for what they have in it, pricewise, I''ve personally saved quite a bit of money on software, due to its bundling with new hardware. Its not always the newest version, or top notch software, but the cost of the new "TOY" is allot cheaper than the bundled software is by itself, go figure. and if nothing else if you are a decent artist, or know one, you can take the hand drawn art and digitize it with your new toy.

Adobe Software is incredibly powerful, even slightly outdated versions. if you looking to get the software legally and registared, while on a budget, look at bundles with graphically oriented hardware. (on a side note, bundled games are usually really crummy, unless its UT.)
Hey, I LOVE the gimp; it rarely crashes on me. You''re right that the windows port is a little buggy, but it''s still highly functional, and is without a doubt, the best 2D art proggy that you can (legally) get for free....

(o= erydo =o)

[email=erydo@gdnmail.net" style="color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none; cursor:help;](o= erydo =o)[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement