🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Paint Package

Started by
2 comments, last by DeltaVee 23 years, 4 months ago
Ok. I''m a programmer, so I don''t have a clue when it comes to paint packages. I am looking for a program that will allow me to edit the Alpha Channel. Paont Shop Pro 6 ''kinda'' allows me to do this but it appears to be 1 bit deep. I need at least 8 bits. Many thanks in advance D.V. -------------------------- Carpe Diem
D.V.Carpe Diem
Advertisement
In PSP6 use layers (adjustment layers). You can change what kind of effect the layer has to suit your needs. To change the way a layer behaves go to the layer pallet and clik on the square to the right of the layer you want to change. You can have it do whatever you want it to do: brighten, darken, multiply, overlay, divide, difference, exclude, etc...
Someone said something...
1 bit deep alpha? What are you doing in PSP6?

For alpha, PSP6 uses Mask. You can edit mask, load mask from another image, save mask to alpha, etc. It''s all in the mask menu.

Carl "trixter"[email=carl@trixoft.com]carl@trixoft.com[/email]http://www.trixoft.com
Thanks for the input. I''ll try your suggestions.

I have been using ''Save into Alpha Channel'', this ''appears'' to generate a 1 bit alpha channel.

Thanks, D.V.

D.V.

--------------------------
Carpe Diem
D.V.Carpe Diem

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement