🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How do YOU build a realistic world?

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom 23 years, 4 months ago
I''ve got little experience with actual modelling, although I do know the software and have the ambition to do something with it. I''d like to build models for my own hobbiest projects. Can you give me tips on how you model realistic scenes and objects? Textures are obviously more important for distant views, but I''d like to mess around with animation. Specifically, I want to create low-poly humans and other creatures, plantlife, furniture, landscape, buildings. . . well, just about everything. But I''d like to start small. Any advice is appreciated. There seems to be a lack of good tutorials on the web these days.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

Advertisement
Why don''t you check out www.irtc.org. It is a homepage for competition of computer graphics images and the top winners can creates really stunning images. A lot of the images comes with PovRay source code so that you can see how they do the lightning, texture and effects (fog, sun, underwater etc).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement