🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Client/server code help!!

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 7 months ago
I am writing the client and server portions of code for a program that I'm working on, but I need some help. I've been to many different websites and I've downloaded a lot of examples, but they are all much more complicated than what I need. Basically I need the client portion to connect to the host. I need the server portion to detect the connection and send a few variables to the client, then close the connection, pretty simple huh? I think I'm starting to understand some of the sockets programming, but I still need a lot of help, so if anyone could help me by giving some example code for what i'm trying to do, or any info at all I would greatly appreciate it!!
Advertisement
Since no-one answered I will. I first have a question, if you want to have (for instance) a file at a server, and you want those values in that file (those values will probably be always the same). You could use the client / server method with Socket programming, though I don't have good experience.

I would recommend you to use the WinInet, that is much easier to use.

If you want some short file which can load a file from the internet (me with my foolish head hasn't completed it yet, but it is working though) you can email me.....or look around at this forum, it is posted somewhere

------------------
Dance with me......

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement