🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Simple 3D Game & Engine

Started by
2 comments, last by Yanroy 24 years, 7 months ago
Well you want to first get familiar with either OpenGL or Direct3D (you can look around for previous posts comparing the merits of each). For what you are aiming at all you really need to be able to do is to render polygons and move the camera.

If you use OpenGL you can use glut to handle mouse/keyboard input or you could use DirectInput with OpenGL or Direct3D. Heh, I guess you could use C\C++ input functions if you really wanted to...

Advertisement
You can even use ray-casting for that matter.
I would like to make a simple 3D game. Just something like a room to walk around in. Not even any monsters or anything. I have absolutely no clue on how to do this. Could someone tell me a way of making a simple test game like this?

------------------
<url>www.trak.to/rdp</url>

Yanroy

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

Go and learn linear algebra and vector algebra or you can check this website:

http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement