🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Milkshape

Started by
2 comments, last by mittens 23 years, 4 months ago
Hey, I am using Milkshape right now, and I was wondering if I could save a picture of my current model as a .bmp. I have also been hearing about "Bryce" as a modeler, but I can''t find it anywhere. Some info on that would be nice too. Thanks a lot!
Advertisement
well, milkshape is not a redering package as it was only meant to make ut,quake or halflife models. It does have a render window which im sure that you know... Now, since it is not a redering engine, it does not have the bmp capability so if you want to get a cpature, you will need to take a screen cature. best way to do this is the right click in the 2d view window and select maximize. you will also want to right click and make sure that you are looking at the model with texture on "textured". you can then move the model around just like in the 4 view mode but to get an image, you will need to hit the print screen key and paste into a drawing program. crop, resize and you are done.
I agree with you that bryce is a good package, but not for modeling. it is good for rendering though as it offers a lot of natural conditions to do so in. i use milkshape models in bryce all the time. as for finding it, i think it is under the coral label now which is bigger than metacreations. i dont think they released a verion 4 with thier name on it though so you may have to wait for 5. but, you can get the demo and just print screen lots....

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts 2K01

Thanks a lot. It turns out that there is an easier way to make Milkshape models into .bmps. You need to download 3D Explorations, and then once you have your milkshape model, export it out as a .raw. Then open it op in 3D Explorations, and you can make animations to your heart''s content!!!
well, im not sure , but you might be able to export your animation script. you can export to almost anything, i always go to ojb.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts 2K01

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement