🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Attention Artists! Will you help me?

Started by
12 comments, last by Tek Nical 23 years, 3 months ago
I think theres no need to go out and by big books of anatomy (they´re fiendishly expensive, the good ones 80$ upwards).
For body drawings either use a photo as a reference (sometimes a bit boring though), or get an anatomy poster (musculature or something like that), should cost no more than $10. Cause if youre into free drawing (no model) usually you cant go without some anatomical reference.
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/e/weilguny/weilguny.html
Advertisement
"Drawing on the right side of the brain" is actually a realy good book,

Truespace is a really good program to learn 3D on,

And PSP and Painter are both good, (i like PSP),

These are actually all the things I used when I started

Do you want to draw realistic humans? If not then dont worry about all the anatomy stuff. I''ve done 3 years of life drawing through school and it really improved my style but if you just want to draw better, draw EVERYTHING. People on the train, your cat, your feet, a lamp, a chair, a spoon (like that guy in post your art here) what ever it all helps.

As Mr Cup always says,
''''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
Go to your local library and check out books on anatomy if that''s what you''re after and don''t want to shell out all the money.
I grabbed one at my library last year and it was excellent. For the life of me I can''t remember the exact title right now, it was something like "Human Anatomy for Artists". It rocked. Next time I go I''ll see what the actual title and author was.
The best part about it was all the reference to how the body moves, which joints can rotate which direction, how the trunk of the body flexes. The shots of how the hands can be posed were awesome. It also shows every bone and muscle in the body.
Great reference if your library has it.
quote: Original post by Mr Cup

draw EVERYTHING. People on the train, your cat, your feet, a lamp, a chair, a spoon (like that guy in post your art here) what ever it all helps.

Yay to that. Draw everything. and whatever you do, try not to get discouraged. Drawing is about 5% talent and the rest is practise.
BTW: that was my spoon. And dont draw your feet just yet, hands, feet and faces are the most difficult things to draw....

have fun

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement