🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Numsgil

Started by
0 comments, last by Numsgil 17 years, 8 months ago
Workshop participation thread for Numsgil
Advertisement
I've taken about 2 and a half years of art in Highschool, but that was 4 years ago. I consider myself first and foremost a programmer, but I like to excersice art from time to time.

I say I'm pretty smack dab in the middle of "intermediate". My understanding of anatomy is a little limited

At the moment, I have 2 scanners and a digital camera that aren't working. This is the only picture I managed to scan successfully without it being too blurry. I'll see if I can fix my scanner for future assignments. This is a sample of my current skill.

It's also my best I think. It's a freehand copy of drawing in an anatomy book of mine. The idea was to practice my technical skill (dynamic line darkness, etc.), anatomy, and spacing. I'd upload the original but I don't think I have rights.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I'd say my artistic skill is lacking in anatomy and especially hands. Hands are IMO as hard as faces, but generally less interesting to doodle (so they get practiced less). I'm pretty good at drawing what I see instead of what I know is there, but I have a hard time drawing anything from my imagination without a model.

I'd like to be able to eventually make the blueprints for 3D models (the profile and head on views), so that's what I'd primarily like to take away from this: a knowledge of anatomy and an ability to imagine and draw complex detail.
[size=2]Darwinbots - [size=2]Artificial life simulation

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement