🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Professor420

Started by
2 comments, last by Professor420 17 years, 8 months ago
Workshop participation thread for Professor420
Advertisement
Then talk a bit about your knowledge of art, and or your ignorance about it, so that people know where others are starting.

A bit about myself, eh...

Well, I'm 21 years old, I am a Senior at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York. I am studying towards a BFA with concentration in digital arts, and, obviously, I am planning on going into next-gen game modelling and texturing. You can see my work at www.bloodandirongame.com.

I have taken instructional drawing before, and while I started out poorly I finished at the head of the class... however, for the past year, I've done very little figure drawing, being mostly concerned with my senior thesis (blood and iron). So I'd say I'm relatively accomplished, but am using this opportunity to brush up on my skills, and (though they may not know it yet) help the moderators and instructors in the workshop.

I'll upload some of my work soon.
-------------www.robg3d.com
Quote: Original post by Professor420
Well, I'm 21 years old, I am a Senior at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York.

Interesting. I'm considering applying to Pratt for a Masters in Industrial Design for next Fall. I may even be taking the product design certificate course, or whatever its formal name is, in the Spring to shore up my deficiencies in what the ID department calls "3D" (primarily woodwork).
Oluseyi: I am a bit out of touch with the school... I'm only there 2/3 nights a week now, and spend my time in the basement of the ARC/athletics building in the digital arts department. No idea how that program is, but I like the school.
------------
As for the assignment.

Here are two figure drawings I did... I don't have some of my better ones, as the instructor held onto them to show his future students how much one person can improve in only 1.5 months (the length of a summer semester).

And here are two copies of master drawings:

The drawings are OK, in retrospect... the instructor focused much more on observation rather than anatomy, so while my general/still life drawing reached an excellent level, my figure drawing seemed to level off... since, I've intensively studied anatomy (to make better 3d models mostly), and have a much greater anatomical knowledge and can definitely produce better drawings.
-------------www.robg3d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement