🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Prinz Eugn

Started by
0 comments, last by Prinz Eugn 17 years, 8 months ago
Workshop participation thread for Prinz Eugn
Advertisement
Hi, I'm Prinz Eugn AKA Mark the Artist of Journal-Land. I'm 17, a Senior in High School, and I live in Alamogordo, New Mexico.

I consider myself a pretty good artist right now, but only in a few very limited areas, primarily technical design and some areas of pixel-art. I haven't really ever tried to draw people or household objects outside of the Art 1 class at my High School, cooler things such as space battles and mecha holding my attention for the most part.

I've been drawing since I can remember, and always had a set of materials just for me, my mom, being an artist herself, ensuring that I never went without artistically. She also taught me through the years the principles of shading, perspective, etc. , basically as I matured enough to understand each and apply it well, so I guess I'm pretty lucky there.

My interest in art, I guess, always stemmed from me seeing something I thought was cool, like Star Wars or Mechwarrior, but one source in particular is important to me ; the book Spacecraft 2000-2100, which is basically a huge collection of Sci-Fi spaceship art, each piece with a fictional description of craft pictured. Every time I read that book I just had to draw something new, I would say I felt real subconcious urge to create. Create spaceships, that is. I'd also get that wierd desire after playing certain computer games, like Command and Conquer or Mechwarrior, or after watching movies like Star Wars, and later the Gundam anime series. So over the years I slowly became more experience in spacecraft, planes, tanks, and mecha, or at least that's what I drew whenever I got the chance.

Notice the non-people/household item trend yet?

That being said let's get to what I know I can draw:
Huge (purple)Spaceship Drawing:

Link goes to outrageously large version.
This is as close a masterpiece as I have, the vast majority of my stuff is a lot more simple, I rarely get to the color-stuff phase by hand anymore.
As for the thingy itself, it's colored pencil plus Acrylic paint, and looks a bit better in person(it has wierd background contrast from being scanned. bleh, stars)

Right now I'm working on art for a 4E5 contest entry with Sir Sapo, mainly pixel stuff you can see at My journal

Let me point out the most significant entries for art IMHO, from both my journal and Sir Sapo's (before I got my own):

1.Loads of pencil concept art
2. Large loading screen in Photoshop for our current project
3.Step by step-ish large Submarine
4.A handy pre-made collection of older art from previous projects
5.An old video of me doing a step-by-step space fighter

That's enough for now, I hope I don't embarass myself with drawing people, and I hope I can steal enough time away from school and our 4E5 entry to participate consistently.

See you soon!

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement