🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

VC++ 6 IDE Question

Started by
3 comments, last by Qoy 24 years, 7 months ago
That messagebox usually pops up when you move files around in between VC++ sessions. VC++ remembers where the files were when you last closed it down. When you reopen the project, VC++ looks for all the files where they last were. If you moved the files in between sessions, you'll get this message.

Put all the files where you want them, open all the files you need in the IDE and choose "Save Workspace". This should make the message go away.

Dan

Advertisement
That's a good suggestion, but it doesn't work. What's happening is I close the workspace (which saves it, and I did try saving it manually too) and when I open it back up again, if any files from either project in it were open, the dialog comes up and it doesn't open them. Then, if I try to open them from the FileView window, it's fine. So VC is finding the file, for some reason it's just not loading it on startup...
Well....if you have a workspace, and delete one of the files from the workspace.......and you load the workspace, it will use such a dialog box. try closing ALL windows.

------------------
Dance with me......

Hi. I am making a game, and I just started writing a little utility program for it a few days ago. I added a new project to my game's workspace, and it was a console app. After that, everything worked fine. Just today, I decided to convert the utility to an MFC dialog based app instead of a console app, so I removed the console app from the workspace, and started a new project for the dialog based one. I copied the source over and everything, and added it to the new project. The directory structure is now pretty much the same as before, and everything compiles alright, but whenever I close VC++ or close the project with files open, and reopen VC++ or the project, it comes up with an error box that says "All windows in the project couldn't be opened" or something to that effect. I don't get it, because all the files still open and compile alright, so they are being found by the IDE, but for some reason they don't open. This happens for all the files in my utility project (MFC dialog based) and in the original project (plain Win32 app).
Can anybody help me?

------------------
http://qoy.tripod.com

All the windows were closed when I deleted the project, plus, it still does that now that the project has been gone!
I think I'll just create all new projects...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement