🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Fukushousha

Started by
14 comments, last by Fukushuusha 17 years, 5 months ago
upsidedowndrawing

I am AMAZED as to how this turned out.When I started .. I was really pessimistic.As it went on I never turned it the right way to look at it just drew.I felt like ... and I think I actually did ... screw up the proportions at some places.Because the whole thing was like creating a puzzle , since at the start I did not draw somethign correctly the "pieces"(lines) could not connect correctly later on , in the drawing , so I improvised.Or I think I did anyway >_<

Bottomline is .. I am very happy about it .. I am looking at it and I am wondering wether I really did draw it!
Advertisement
I am on a roll today.I devoted a lot more time than I should to drawing but it felt really refreshign and nice :)

I copied with the upside down way another drawing ( it is from the book too ).I liked its looks so I did it!Though .. it was kind of harder and did not turn out that nice , since it had shadows .... and other stuff I don't know how to call :(

I tried my best to make it look nice!It was a very nice drawing day today ^_^.Hope I can steal some time from other days to practise more.

Ofcourse ... I never imagined I was capable for anything more than a stick figure ... so this workshop and this book have kind of rocked my mind as they say.Oh forgot to link the drawing >_>

knight on a horse

[Edited by - Fukushuusha on February 22, 2007 5:34:13 PM]
good work! As they say anyone can draw it just takes time and practice.
I think this exercise is perhaps the best at illustrating what can happen when you "get out of your own way." Most of us struggle to draw because we let our minds lie to us, rather than believing our eyes (draw a cube; see how it looks wrong?)

Go ahead and do the contour drawing. I'll be uploading a new assignment on perspective later this evening. For now, I need to get the hell out of the office!
blind contour

I am not sure if that is what was described to do.I just followed any line I could find in my hand for 6 minutes.Maybe I was too slow?I think I get what this exercise wanted us to do but well .. ehm :/ , I am not sure if I did it correctly.

EDIT: Also now that I check the next exercise it needs the use of a picture plane.Now ... I don't have that piece of particular equipment.I will try to go about making one but I am not sure how.Will experiment! (evil professor laugh >_<)
I did the picture plane/viewfinder contraption.I copied the hand exactly as it was foreshortened.But I did not like it.Somehow I could not manage to stay still ... or the picture plane was not very stable so it moved... I don't know it jsut did not end up nice.

So in the end I OVERtoned(my first time) a paper with a graphite stick( or I think it was one ... ) and started drawing my hand without a picture plane ... but also in a short-of foreshortened position.Have to admit after 5 minutes my hand ached beecause it was still , and was cold because no blood flowed >_< .

So without any of these helping things this is the result.I say again I OVERtoned the paper ... next time I need to be a lot more gentle :)
overtoned hand drawing

Also I did a drawing of the main character of a very nice PS2 game I am playing these days.I love wolves and dogs so it was a nice practise of drawing something I like.I copied the character from a certain scene .. but added some stuff too.I did it without turning it upside down :p .Well .. was nice practise at least!Maybe it even came out nice.

amaterasu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement