🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

LeGreg

Started by
2 comments, last by azeime 17 years, 6 months ago
Workshop participation thread for LeGreg
Advertisement
Thanks Oluseyi (Hope I didn't get your name wrong :) ),

My name is Grégory, I've been a programmer for five years, four in the graphics industry. I'm not exactly a beginner in drawing, as I took some classes when I was in school, ten years ago. Some of my drawings are there on my webpage.

Here's the assignment of drawing two objects next to each other, which is not exactly what you would expect from someone who already drew portraits from photographs, but I intend to get them better over time (and my previous drawing was a long time ago). I've switched from paper to tablet this time, which I also need to familiarize with.

Thanks and happy holidays !

LeGreg

[Edited by - LeGreg on December 27, 2006 1:23:08 AM]
My attempt at a cover from the fifties (I found the original via google here)

Once again I used the tablet, I had to print the original (with poor print quality unfortunately), so I could keep the model under my eyes and draw with the tablet on the screen at the same time.

I guess proportions are off, and lines are not really straight.
I tried doing long lines but with my best effort I couldn't keep the slope I wanted so I had to cut them into smaller part and used the (virtual) rubber a lot..

I realize this wouldn't be possible with real pen and paper but on the other hand making the slope and keeping lines straight seemed easier on paper.

Finally, a little experiment, to see how far off I was proportion wise, definitely some improvement needed (in the angles and the dimensions).

[Edited by - LeGreg on December 27, 2006 3:10:17 AM]
these are good drawings

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement