🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

gruewulf

Started by
1 comment, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 7 months ago
Workshop participation thread for gruewulf
Advertisement
Let me introduce myself.

I'm new here, but I read here and there for quiete a while now, never having the urge to register myself. When I saw this freehand workshop, I changed that.

I always drew a lot in school, and was pretty good. But with quieting school I decided to drop some of my hobbies, and drawing was one of them. I didn't feel very happy about it, so I hope to start again with this workshop.

Here comes the first assignment (they were drawn in this order):

the neck of the bottle is'nt right, I know, but I have problems with letting the right side look like the left side^^

I like this picture, but this thing that holds the clothespin together has the wrong perspective.

The vesta don't look like they should, they are to flat.

If someone is wondering what these little animals are... they are stuffed with sand, and can be bought on some Canary Islands.

I will change the details that I don't like later, but i will wait and see if you can see some more mistakes.

greetings
Not a bad start. There are a few errors, mostly related to your drawing symbols rather than objects as they exist. (Symbols are our mental abstractions of objects, which is how we quickly recognize the function of objects with radically different shapes but identical purposes, like chairs or, more relevantly, matches.) Your symbol for a match is an easy one to spot, and parts of your matchbox revert to symbol rather than the object in front of you.

Don't worry, we all do it from time to time. You can see my symbols for eyes messing this drawing up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement