🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Recess, and a new instructor

Started by
7 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 6 months ago
We seem to have lost Yuri, but there's a lot of interest in the workshop, so I will take over coordination and instruction myself. For those who are more advanced, I apologize that I am unlikely to afford you much more than the opportunity to practice and help others. I would love your help in giving tips and feedback to the beginner participants. We will recess for the holidays (because I'm going to Nigeria on the 15th, anyway, and all my stuff is going into storage this coming week). We will resume in earnest after the holidays, and I will be taking a fairly different approach than Yuri. I will also have a "class text," for those who wish to purchase it and read ahead. I will be using Betty Edwards' The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, and the workshop will basically work through the book with supplementary material I have access to. In addition to the focus on realistic drawing, I want to encourage cartoon, abstract and other non-representational forms, so if you want to be something other than a classical portrait artist, the workshop will have something to offer you. Post your questions/suggestions here, and always feel free to PM me. (Believe it or not, I'm actually soft and cuddly! [smile])
Advertisement
Sounds good to me. The recess works out for me since I don't have easy access to a scanner anymore (had to give back the one I was using and the one I have hasn't worked since SP2).

Have a safe trip.
Yay ! Soft and cuddly Oluseyi(yes I actually copy pasted the name , to be sure I don't write Odyseus in english).I am looking forward to this workshop and will use this recess to practise drawing , along with programming ... busy busy busy.
Thanks for giving us this chance :)

[Edited by - Fukushousha on December 14, 2006 8:24:50 AM]
Great - I'm lucky enough to already have a copy of The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, I just need an excuse to work methodically through it.

I've been a bit slack with my drawing over the last few weeks as I picked up my programming, so I hope I can resurrect my drawing over the recess while I'm on holiday and keep up regular drawing through 2007.

Have a good trip, Oluseyi!
Thanks and good trip. Is Yuri ok?
Great news on this being carried on, wonder if it's too late to put that book on my list to Santa....?

Safe trip, hope everyone has a good Christmas, see you all in the New Year
And for those who (like me) don't have it yet:

Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.fr
Amazon.de
Amazon.ca

The book has a fair number of very good reviews on any amazon web site.
It is also quite cheap from Amazon.Do we need to get the workbook too or will the one book suffice?
Quote: Original post by alexmoura
Is Yuri ok?

To be honest, I don't know. I sent him a PM but got no response, and that was what motivated me to take over the workshop. I hope he's fine, just too busy for GDNet.

Quote: Original post by Fukushousha
Do we need to get the workbook too or will the one book suffice?

The workbook is not necessary, though you can buy any number of additional books if you want. If I want to reference any material from outside that text, I will scan it in and post to the instruction thread.

It looks like I won't be back in the US until the beginning of February (I'm working on a fairly lucrative project here in Nigeria!), but the workshop will resume as scheduled the first week of January. I'm looking at January 2 or 3, with two assignments per week and discussion/Q&A in between.

See you in a week and change!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement