🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for names of magazines with CDs

Started by
23 comments, last by Jester101 22 years, 12 months ago
I simply clicked on "reply" and always got some SMTP error back. Dunno.

You''ll find the name announced on my website when it is published in a couple of months. I am not going into detail, because I am hoping for some online sales until then.

Don''t worry if you don''t get an answer though. That''s life. My luck maybe was that Smugglers really running 100% on every PC, so that the (few) editors who have spare time to try it at least ARE ABLE TO PLAY IT. This is not common for many shareware programs. This increases the chance that you get a deal a lot.
My point is, but this is nothing new on this board, to make it as easy as possible to be reviewed.

------

(sorry couldn''t resist)

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
IMX, I''ve never actually asked to have a magazine include my software on their CD. Instead, they have either asked me for permission to include it, or have simply included without asking me.

I tend to find out what CD''s The Journal and Artifact are on after the fact, from users/players who mention it.

DavidRM
Samu Games
I didn''t wanted to wait that long.

I am more of the attitude: Who is not stalking, isn''t getting any prey.

After all online games might have it easier in this way. They attract more attention and keep players once they got them. Singleplayer games get played and then forgotten - if not constantly updates are made, what I do.

Thanks for the tip but I''m mostly interested in magazines that are sold internationally.

What I also would like to have is reviews of my game. The only "review" I''ve gotten is a tucows rating and some user comments on ZDNet. Does anyone know any places that gives free reviews?

Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu
Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu
Here are a coupla'' mags that contacted me about covermounting a game demo (Hover):

The Games Machine (Italian, don''t know their address)
PC Gamer Brazil (pcgamer.com.br)
Some download sites like Filemine or Rocketdownload make detailed reviews...sometimes.

most UK magazines wont put full games on there CDs. It something to do with fears that mags will start a publishing war to get the best and latest games on there CDs, which ends up hurting the games industry in the long run, i believe something like that started to happen in the late 80s/early 90s... so you dont get too many free commercial games on CDs unless they are a few years old and have already sold commercially.
Yes it''s a pity. Game mags are as far as I know the only real way for a small developing team/developer to get access to the retail market.

Ahhh the reason magazines don''t put full version game''s on the cover CD''s is, Copyright infringment

They would have to pay who ever own''s the game or publisher a shyte load.

Once sales have stopped for a certain game then the publishers don''t care what happens.
Well that they pay for doing my game on their cover CD is the reason why I am doing it!!
However this doesn''t seem to be the reason why the UK magazines don''t do covermounts. A "a publishing war" sounds more likely.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement