🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

VC++ 6 IDE Problem

Started by
5 comments, last by Qoy 24 years, 6 months ago
There are a few things that could have happened. First, you might have had a resource opened that you deleted, and/or you might have chosen not to save your resource files on exit (which would be a bad thing). The most common source of this error is running your code through the debugger and getting some of the MFC library source in your workspace, which your compiler is usually too lazy to bring back up for you the next time you open the project. This could also be true for files in other directories that you brought in for reference or whatever. It could also be a too-high-color-for-display bitmap resource, or a .WAV resource, neither of which the devstudio is terribly happy about loading up a display frame for when you start.

It's mostly just devstudio weirdness, I always hit the "OK" button and forget about it, as I have never had any actual problems relating to that warning.

-fel

~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Advertisement
The thing is, it happens every time I close the workspace with a document open, and I always have a document from one of the projects open. I never have any documents from outside the projects open, though. I think it's just a Microsoft feature or something...
OK. I found something out. If the MFC project is in the parent directory, the same directory that the workspace file is in, and the Win32 App is in a subdirectory of that, then it works fine. Does anybody know ways around this? Because it seems kind of weird to me to have my game in a directory subordinate to that of it's level editor...
Actually it's a bug in the IDE. I finally got around it. I don't remember exactly how but search deja under microsoft.public.vc.* for the text of the warning message. The solution involves putting each subproject under the main project's directory NOT under the \dsw directory which I believe is the default. It changes from a minor annoyance to a BIG headache when you have many projects like I do.
I eventually just made the MFC project the main project in the workspace (in the same directory as the dsw file) but I'm not really happy with that solution, so I think I'll check out dejanews for that. Thanks.
in VC++ 6, I have a Win32 Application in a workspace, and I just added an MFC application to the workspace. Now, whenever I close the workspace with some documents open, and then load the workspace again, it says "Not all Windows in the workspace could be opened." The only time this does not happen is when the original project (win32 app) is active, and the workspace is closed with a file from that project open. I did not move any files. Does anybody know what's wrong?
I got the fix off dejanews. Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction! Whoever though of that must be some kind of genius, but it has saves a major headache.
Thanks again

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement