🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

sasas

Started by
-1 comments, last by MisterByte 23 years, 3 months ago
Hello Proggis ! I have a problem with my ISO-TILE Engine ! Now, I support pictures, because I think you don't have understand what I have asked (It is my bad English!). Please try to help me, because I can't continue with my work 1.) For my Ground I use Tiles of the size 64x32: 2.) On the Position 32,16 you can easily put two Tiles together ! 3.) Now you put all Tiles from the top-left to the bottom-right together like this. 4.) The green Rectangle is the viewport of my Engine ! (The blue dust should be numbers from 1 to 32!) 5.) Now I make them transparency and add smooth-scroll support ! (It works!) 6.) It is time to implement Tiles with z-height ! To make the Tiles look like Tiles with z-height you can use a calculation like this. For an easier calculation I prefer the right-bottom of the Ground Tile as calculation start position. To blit a z-Height Tile, you need to calculate the X,Y Position of the left-top corner of the z-Height Tile ! So we start at the right-bottom corner of the ground Tile (It has the size 32x16) and add the height of the z-height Tile to it !! The width of the large z-height Tile is the same as the size of the Ground Tile ! BlitLargeTileX = rightGroundTilePositionX - GroundTileWidth BlitLargeTileY = bottomGroundTilePositionY - LargeTileHeight If LargeTileHeight equals 32 then you have the same height as the ground-Tiles. So you have no height ! Only heights over 32 are visible as z-Height ! 6.) Now we Blit the large Tile on screen. Of course transparency ! 7.) But now there are my problems. If a Tile is invisible and has not arrived the vieport it is not blittet. That is ok, because of performance. I CAN NOT BLIT THE WHOLE MAP !! Here you can See the problematic-zone ! (the red x is the startpoint of drawing) If I now scroll pixel per pixel to the ground-Tile which should appear, then the LargeTile with z-height which depends on the ground Tile appears at one step, because its X,Y start Coords are Here is no Problem! Here is no Problem! Here is no Problem! Can you PLEASE help me to solve the Problem of drawing Tiles with varity heights ! I hope someone can help me........ Thank you very much. The first person which solves my problem gets the first beta-version of my ISO-GAME !!!! Edited by - MisterByte on March 23, 2001 8:57:52 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement