🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

*Beginner* who is looking for sample source code to gander @

Started by
8 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 6 months ago
I could show you lots of source code, what are you looking for specifically? (i.e. Win32 programming, MFC programming, graphics...)

-Erik L. Elmore

-Erik L. Elmore
Advertisement
I need some sample source code for C++ programs and I am working in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. Just give me anything you have and that will be cool! I am a beginner and need some programs for DOS mainly, alright? OK, thanks BMB. ALSO! I am installing Direct X 7.0 for VC++6.0 and is that how to make games or what? any advice appreciated.. you da man boy!
Wow, it seems as though you are certain you wanna start something, but you don't know where to start. That still doesn't really narrow your request down enough. I seem to be on a beginner question-answering spree.
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/ubb/Forum19/HTML/000057.html

Check this posting and see if this guys problem is similar to yours. Also, I replied to that thread (near the bottom), mebbie you can tell me what you think about my idea.

One last thing:

Don't bother learning DOS programming, just the same if you have any Confederate money, throw it out; neither is coming back.

-Erik L. Elmore

-Erik L. Elmore
well that was a really good thread. I already know some C++ and I am still learning it out of these two great C++ books I just got for Christmas. I just wanted to look at ANY C++ material you have made (from where you basically started to get me going). just anything that you did as a C++ beginner. thanks. that website isn't a bad idea either.
I made a Windows, DirectX 5 Tetris clone called notTETRIS that you can snag the source code for, if you want: http://members.tripod.com/mxf_entertainment/projects.htm

------------------
- mallen22@concentric.net
- http://members.tripod.com/mxf_entertainment/

Thanks I just got it. I also just got Direct X 7.0 and I am totally lost. How do I even go in it? I found the files, but there's so many, which one is it? Thanks for that game code also.
I wrote a small TicTacToe game and I've sent it to gpw@gamedev.net, but it hasn't been added to the Workshop yet.

It is not as good as notTetris, of course, but it might be useful, too.
(I did not comment the source )

Email me, if you want to have it

BYE

One more thing:

- For getting familiar with DirectX i would recommend "Inside DirectX" / MS-Press

Hey I just started programming in C++ and if you have any sample source code of anything you have programmed, I'd appreciate if you would let me take a gander at it . Thanks everybody (yes I'm a beginner..LOL)
sure I'll check that game out. alright thanks for the info. send it to mcguile257@yahoo.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement