🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Spy Hunter!

Started by
2 comments, last by mmarvi 24 years, 6 months ago
The only answer to that question is to finish the game and see. It is very hard to peer into the fogged crystal ball of the game industry much less say what would sell.
Advertisement
You would have to make it a lot better then how it looked back in the 80's for it to sell in todays marketplace. Why not make a simple 3D version of it?

Oh, you can't call it Spy Hunter unless you get a license from atari(?).

William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

I am thinking of writing an "enhanced", 2D version of Spy Hunter using DirectX. By enhanced I mean that it will have more levels and more enemies than the original. If it is good enough, would it sell in the shareware industry? Do you think companies like Xtreme Games LLC would really consider it if I submitted it to them?
I think you could quite easily get it on a bundle with Xtreme games(even the old 80's version would have no problem i would say.)
I know because im working on a sorta pong type game for a bundle for them in my spare time,and form there other pong games they have put on bundles mine blows thoose outa the water IMHO.

Anyways a spy hunter clone would probally make it on there pretty easily no need for 3d I would say.Now if you wanted your own box....................

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement