🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Project generating extra files?

Started by
2 comments, last by Deyja 17 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I just started playing with anglescript today and noticed that some rather odd extra files are getting generated when I build my project. It's spitting out a .lib and .exp in addition to the usual files. I've never seen this sort of thing before and can't quite figure it out. Any one know what these are and why they are showing up? Thanks, ~Andy BTW: I'm using the 2005 Express Edition of MSVC++ if that makes any difference.
Advertisement
That's normal. You don't need to distribute them, just the exe.
Ok, thanks. Poking around a bit more it looks like they might have to do with the link time code generation settings, but as long as I can safely ignore them I'm happy.

~Andy
That's exactly what makes it generate an extra lib. MSVC implements link time code generation by building the project normally to a lib, then linking that lib together with everything else. It's an artifact of MSVC, it has nothing at all to do with angelscript.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement