🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GLUT?

Started by
1 comment, last by Spiff 24 years, 7 months ago
GLUT is a opengl library that does the few hard things open gl really easily... I don't use it because its like Allegro it leaves a MS-DOS window behind it so if your not in full screen it looks like you made your program in dos, lol.
check out http://www.demonews.com/hosted/nehe
Advertisement
What is GLUT?
Yes, I know it prolly tops the top ten stupid questions of graphics programming, but
you hafta ask once, right?
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
I use GLUT (gluttony) for my OpenGL games, check out Race of the Mummy in the workshops section. That is or was my first OpenGL game.

You will see that it first starts a console window then switches to fullscreen. That is because I compiled it as a Win32 console application. In Visual C++ there is a compiler switch to deactivate the console window. In Borland C++ ( which I use ) I haven't found something like this. I solve this problem at the moment by compiling it as a Win32 GUI app, and I use OWL at the beginning to create a setup dialog to adjust the game settings .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement