🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

01.05 - GamDev Chit-Chat

Started by
32 comments, last by Teej 22 years ago
Hi, It occurs to me that there''s nowhere for people to talk about what''s on their minds, ask general game development questions, or make community announcements. Sure, there''s other forums here at GameDev.net, but we''re a special bunch, aren''t we? Well, here''s your place. Whatever''s on your mind...
Advertisement
how''s everybody doing? heh. What type of games do you all want to develop? I rather enjoy rpg, rpg/action, strategy, and some first person action shooters, so I''m working my way towards being able to program as many of those as possible.
I do like a lot RPG and that sort of games, but I''m looking forward to develop some fast arcade Beat''em''up like KOF ( does anybody play this here?). I would like to get some directions on how to do the control stuff in a game like that. I already developed a system but it is not tuned up yet so I would like to know the other developer''s opinions and techiques on doing a control system for a game like this.
José Correia AKA d00dzs posting...HEEELLLOO
Really, the only games I don''t really get into are racing games... even though I play them on rare occasions.
First of all, AMAZING JOB TEEJ. In 2 weeks I''ve done what I''ve been trying to do in 2 years. Hmm. . . well, you''ve made me 52 times as efficient.

But I''m posting for another reason. Now I am in high gear programming games, but I am having trouble with the art. I was wondering if anyone here does any trueSpace. If so, I am looking to trade objects and textures.
EMail: VChelaru@hotmail.com
I like some RPGs, beat''em ups, some strategys and first person shooters, but I would like to ultimately program first person shooters.
I would love to make a 2d figting game like Street Fighter, or KOF, etc etc. Im also in the process of making a top down classic arcade shooter. But Fighting games are my first love...

bah! who needs a signature?!
Here's a new dance everyone can do, do the Kirby:<(*.*<) <(^.^)> (>*.*)> <(^.^)> <(*.*<) (>^.^)>
Teej, things are going well so far, but it seems that you''re under a lot of pressure here on the site, what with 250 people relying on one person to move forward. I was wondering if you could use a bit of assistance in any way to keep this beast moving forward, and get the 250 monkeys off your back, so to say, and share a bit of the responsibility. I think the articles so far have been outstanding, and I realize the amount of work that you must go through to get the articles in "perfect" condition. Well, if you might happen to be looking for a bit of help, drop me an e-mail or something and I''d be glad to do what I can to help.
PiotyrSoftware Engineer by day, Game developer by nightThe early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
This isn''t really relative to Game Dev but this is a chat...
Does Anybody know of some good beat''em''up games for the PC(emulated or not, and not games like killing the bad guys on our way) to get some gameplay ideas and GFX effects.

José Correia AKA d00dzs posting...
HEEELLLOO
José Correia AKA d00dzs posting...HEEELLLOO
hello all! To answer the question of what kind of game do i want to develop i would have to say that i am more interested in blending the borders of the action/rpg and fighting game styles. ive been playing table top rpgs for years and have my own world and most of a (not perfict) system already made. another thing i am very curious about and i think would make rpgs insane would be a dynamic camera that keeps the action in view but would not follow the same path each time the player walks through a room it would follow the character through doorways and such i was reading about AI's for enemies and my concept would be like an AI that would control the camera. anyways let me know what you think my email adress is darkdragon007607@msn.com
ooo and thanks for the awsome forum teej =D

Edited by - asylum101 on May 29, 2001 2:22:30 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement