🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I need help!!

Started by
2 comments, last by xterminenatorx 23 years, 1 month ago
I am making a soace shooter like space invaders and I need a AI script for it using directx. I need for it to make the enemy go left then right in that same pattern then I need for it to have random fire, and then I need for it to fire when player is beneath them or on the same x coordinates, and a suicide with a timer where they will comit suicide to a timer. THANKS TO SOME WHO HELPS!!
Advertisement
Geez man, you''re able to use directX and you''re worried about AI that simple? If that''s your complete design then implementation is as easy as it can get, just do what your instincts tell you and I guarantee you''ll have what you want in no time.

Mike
Yeah you do need help. You were raised wrong if you think somebody is just going to write you out the code to that games AI. Have you even bothered to try doing something with your game? AI wise?. You show no signs of enthusiasm for making your own code. I once did a game like this, multiple actually, and determined how to do everything on my own, cause I actually know how to do basic programming. You should read up on simple-AI programming. Dont even ask for help, until you have atleast attempted to do some work. How could thinking of doing this games AI be hard, cause it shouldnt be if you have any knowledge of basic game programming
bad!
What you want isn't AI. It's called programming a conditional rule. It goes like this:

if (A) then B;

Edited by - bishop_pass on May 24, 2001 8:38:32 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement