🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Final Fantasy

Started by
17 comments, last by JuggJugg 23 years ago
How do I create graphics as good as Final Fantasy? Especially the textures.
Advertisement
a very vauge question and you will get very vauge answers.. they are made exactly the same way anything else is. you just have to be creative with your pollies thats all.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED
Redwyrm Online

You know, Final Fantasy IS a series... not just one game.
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
He didn''t say it was just one game. And with the use of the word good, one can make a wild guess that he is talking about the latest in the series.
Hire the artists that works at squaresoft.
Might cost you a little tho...

Edited by - hpox on June 3, 2001 2:23:41 AM
Hmmm... Thread name: "Final Fantasy," first person to respond to poster "Fantasy Edge." Coincidence? I think not.

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
NovaStorm Games
Project: OpenGL baby. None of that new-fangled Die-rect Three Dee
heh. you guys... psh. actully, i was interested.... but.... well, that crack about GOOD being associated with the later of the series.. well, 6 was better than 8 and 9... 7 was better than them all.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED
Redwyrm Online

I post a vague question because I want a broad answer.

Here are some of the things I hope to know:
- books that teach the art of creating texture
- what reference (books, movies) do the artists of FF use
- what tools do the artists of FF use
- what techniques do the artists of FF use to create texture)
- when the artist of FF are creating buildings and architecture, do they based it on real buildings or do they based it on manga or do they create them straight out of their mind without any reference
- ... and many more you can talk about
You''ve got a better chance if you just ask the artists at Sqauresoft yourself.

From The Magical World Of Tempermental Rose
==============================From The Magical World Of Tempermental Rose
they use Nechiman, a 3D modeler, but any 3D rendering program will get you started

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement