🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Rendering to texture memory in OpenGL ?

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 7 months ago
I'm sort of new to OpenGL programming, and I was wondering if there is a mechanism in OpenGL for rendering to texture memory.

I know such a thing can be done in D3D, but I havn't run across anything similar for OpenGL yet.

Basically, what I'm trying to do in the end is display a texture composed in this way:
(T1*T2) + (T3*T4) + ... + (Tn*Tn+1)
Where the *'s are modualtions and the +'s are alpha blends.

I really can't see any way to acomplish this other than to modulate two textures together, render them to a texture, then blend the resultant texture into the final image.

If anyone has any idea on how to go about rendering to a texture, or has a better way to solve the texturing problem, please let me know.

Thanks

Advertisement
You have to use a Extension called Multitexture, which combines multiple texels at each fragment ( specification is found in Appendix F of the OpenGL 1.2.1 Specification )
A link to Spec 1.2.1 (.pdf and .ps)is here: http://www.opengl.org/Documentation/Specs.html

[This message has been edited by TheMummy (edited November 18, 1999).]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement